Safety Clips & Cables
Safety clips & cables should be used on all blast hose and air hose couplings, to reduce the possibility of hose coupling separation.
Hose couplings may separate from air and blast hoses for a variety of reasons:
- coupling screws may lose their holding power due to internal wear on the hose tubing
- use of improper coupling screws may interfere with the proper fit between couplings and hose
- hose outer diameter may be too small for the coupling
- the continual strain caused by pulling hoses around job sites can weaken the coupling grip on the hose
- couplings can also become damaged by vehicles and other equipment